Saturday, January 13, 2007

Photos...the night before...TNT rules...

Things in AZ have been great so far...we went out for a team dinner last night and the food was incredible (salmon and mashed sweet potatos for me!!) ... today my mom and dad got to town, so we hung out, shopped at the runner's expo, and took naps.

Then...we went to the Team in Training Pasta dinner...it was a pasta meal (imagine that) and a motivational speaker...and then a teammate shared her story. It was unreal--there are over 1,700 "team members" here, and we raised over 5 million dollars collectively towards a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and other blood cancers...I got chills as they brought a loady to the stage that raised over $54,000 in honor of her sister in law who died last christmas of a blood cancer...unreal. UNREAL! She was an inspiration to me.

Then, the teammate who shared her story...she lost her daughter 3 months ago, and she is out here raising money and running a marathon in her daughters honor. 3 months ago...she shared that she was angry and sad and all kinds of emotions...but mostly she was ready to put up a fight to help others and to find a cure. Now that is someone to admire!! How often I look up to CEO's and athletes...these are people just like us with crazy determination and dedication to do something extraordinary. WOW.

so it is 9 pm here...not quite ready for bed...trying not to be too nervous...pray for me!!

Here are some photos from tonight!!

the jersey...



the rad hat my brother bought me...yes I know it does not match purple...



the number is already on my shorts...



the family at the pasta dinner...



my team from nashville...



Suzie and I...



well I am going to bury myself in my book until I fall asleep...thanks for reading!

Leigh

PS: Shout out to Emily Gary--you know me so well--thanks for the care package, the brownies and the special surprise (I won't incriminate you and type out the secret thing you sent me!!) THANKS!!!!!!

PSS: My jersey with my mom's super cool iron on:

No comments: