Thursday, January 11, 2007

being a part of something bigger...

the marathon is this SUNDAY!!!!

I can not hardly believe it! I have been having waves of excitement and fear all week long...I can barely sleep!!

All of my life I participated in sports, and this is the closest feeling to when I was at Georgia and Kentucky, and would be anticipating big games that my teams were a part of...at Georgia, I would literally get so nervous before big games--I HATE to lose, and I would go to the bathroom literally 2-3 times within 20 minutes of tip-off. I can't even imagine what Sunday morning will be like!!

It has been such an amazing experience being a part of Team in Training. Our team from Nashville is really great--I barely know a lot of the team, but we have all seen each other in moments of complete pain and elation. That is neat to be with people through that.

But it has beeen all I thought it would be and even more to raise money and Awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. Leukemia is a horrible disease, and the way it has affected my life, but more importantly Kelly's family...man it is tough. It has been inspiring and empowering to come together with a group and to make a difference. One of my teammates has raised over $8,000!!!! He is my hero right now. I think as a team (in Nashville only we have raised over $75,000. I am so excited about that.

I can only encourage you to JUST DO IT. Do whatever is in your heart that you are holding back on. Running a marathon and being a part of a charity organization that I cared about were 2 desires I had for so long...but for so long I let "other people do it" and did not believe I had the capacity to run like this. Well we are more capable then we think we are. JUST DO IT!! That is an encouragement!!

Please keep me in your prayers this weekend...we start at 7:40 am MTN time on Sunday. 26.2 miles is the goal.

Please pray that I:
-finish

-enjoy the ride - just HAVE FUN while I am out there

-injuries--I am nursing a swollen arch and an overused knee...They have been big issues throughout training, but my arch decided it did not like the idea of pounding for 26.2 miles this week, and is swollen...it is trying to hold me hostage...but I hope it cooperates!!

-and for our team, including Suzie, that we embrace being a part of something bigeer and enjoy it all!!

Thanks so much for reading and encouraging me along the way...hopefully I will blog while I will be out in Phoenix, or I will ask Tim to help me out!!

Leigh

No comments: