Sunday, January 07, 2007

the marathon iMix

so my iPod is my friend...I love running to good tunes...it is a freeing feeling to be out in the sunshine, listening to a great song, and feeling free...

so in just 1 week, at this time I will be walking up to the start line, getting ready to run in my 1st marathon!! Yeah!!

This morning, I had a bit of an old school moment...I wanted to buy a few more songs to round out my iMix (which has 176 songs on it, for 12.2 hours of running...I don't think the marathon will take that long, but who knows!! :) )

So I went shopping on iTunes, and bought these classics:

Dreams by Van Halen
Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
Final Countdown by Europe
More Than a Feeling by Boston
We are the Champions by Queen

Very nice...those songs will motivate me and take me back to some old school memories fom my past basketball and softball days!!

My overall playlist has a lot of random songs on it, my friend Emily sent me 2 amazing playlists of her own that are filled with all of the popular pop songs...

Here are the top 5 artists on my playlist: (meaning I have the most songs by them on it):

Madonna
Switchfoot
U2
Future of Forestry
David Crowder*Band

I also have a lot of Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Bethany Dillon and Shawn McDonald on the list.

I am getting so excited about the race!!
I can't believe it is 1 week away!!

Leigh

No comments: