Monday, January 08, 2007

The ode to my wingman...

Honestly, it is just not fair at all that God has given me such an advantage. I mean, I did not really ask for it, and I never thought I needed it ...or would never admit that...and I COMPLETELY do not deserve it...at all...but God gave me my wingman anyway.

Despite my craziness and self dependence; despite my stubbornness; despite it all, God gave me Tim, to be my ultimate wingman.

It is no secret to those of you who are close to us that he is the jem. He is calm, caring, polite, aware of others, considerate, kind, freakin' smart, confident...and lovely. I always tell people in business that Tim is my "secret weapon". He is!!

Believe me--I have taken a giant leap of faith becoming a brand manager for a website--taking myself into the online world full force for the 1st time in my career...and it was a scary move, because of my lack of experience in that area. But guess what? Tim is a web genius--he can code a website from scratch, design anything, and talk in about 56 different web languages (are there even 56?). I can call him with anything computer related, and darn it he can figure it out!! It is amazing.

And since this is Marathon countdown week, let me share with how he has helped me with that -- he has stood by me every step of the way as I have reached for this dream. There are several times that I have noted how selfish this quest has been--it really is a self-fulfilling prophecy for me to run this thing...and the sacrifice he has made for me to accomplish this...I have honestly been training for over 6 months, ran over 500 miles, cross trained every other day (can you believe I still feel fat?)...all this time I have spent time away from him. Anytime I mention the time spent away from him, he confidently reassures me that he supports what I am doing, and is ok with it. And he actually means it!!

And since October, I have been fighting injuries -- all the way to right now. 1st it was my knee, then my shins, then my knee, and now my arch...he has served me and brought me ice packs, rubbed my knees, rubbed my feet, dealt with me wanting to sleep all day on Saturday after my runs, and dealt with me leaving every morning at 6:00 am, only to be asleep on the couch by 9-9:30 pm.

This morning he awoke to me crying and asking him to look at my feet--my right foot has swollen up like a balloon, and he put on his glasses, rubbed my feet, listened to me, told me I would be ok, hugged me, and told me I could do it. That brings tears to my eyes even thinking about him...

I am so blessed. Our God is a good God and brought this self-reliant, independent woman a man who could help complete me and meet the needs I did not even know I had.

God bless my wing man...

Leigh

PS: you can go to his page and check out his AMAZING music at: www.myspace.com/hisboyelroy

No comments: