Sunday, August 06, 2006

Random musings from this weekend...

So here are a few random tidbits from my weekend that I felt compelled to share...

--So Tim and I went out to dinner last night, and we wanted to try something new...now let me set this up properly...Tim and I love food. I mean LOVE it. We get giddy about restaurants and over indulgence. So recently we began to stop going out to eat during the week, so we can save our money and go to nicer restaurants then Panera or Pei Wei for our Saturday night dates...the old standby is Cheesecake Factory...but this week we were adventurous, and tried a new restaurant...

Well anyway, Tim orders Enchilada's, and boy is he excited...so he takes 2 or 3 bites, and looks at me a tad funny...he thought he recognized the taste...he is mentally going through all of the Mexican restaurants we frequent...takes 2-3 more bites, and just looks downright disappointed...he then tells me that it tastes exactly like his "Chicken Enchilada Suiza" by Lean Cuisine...EXACTLY like it...what a downer when you wait all week to go out to eat...then realize that you paid $13.99 for a Lean Cuisine...

I told him to look on the bright side, that maybe, JUST MAYBE, this restaurant GAVE Lean Cuisine their recipe, and they were the "Founding Fathers" of that Lean Cuisine meal...just maybe...(PS: that didn't really cheer him up)

--Walmart...makes me mad. I am not kidding you...I enter happy, I exit Mad. I needed lightbulbs, and I was on the food center side...I asked 3 employees where the light bulbs were, and I got these responses...
1. "Over across the store...on the other side"...ok thanks, that clears it up for me...
2. "I have NO idea where they are, I really don't"...wow, thanks
3. "Walk to the end of this aisle, turn right, and you Might run into them"...well at least that got me started...

Anyway...Always Low Prices certainly comes at a cost...

--OK the last random musing...My dogs are freaked out by hot air balloons!! It is HILARIOUS!! They will not go outside when they see one...it is so funny...and they wimper. You have to see it...but it is great.

All right, thought I would share...got to go wreck my mind and watch Entourage...

Leigh

No comments: