Thursday, August 31, 2006

My 1st Road Race...

My 1st Road Race...
Hey all...this Saturday I am running in my 1st ever road race!! Tim and I are driving down to Orlando tomorrow for a much needed vacation...and I signed up for the Miracle Makers 15k on Saturday...I think it is 9.3 miles! I am excited!!!! It will be tough since this will be longest I will ever run alone, without myy faithful running partners, Suzie & Suzanne...or my dog Jackson (he did 7 miles with me last Saturday!!)...but I am excited!! Some of my friends in Orlando are coming down to the race to cheer me on, so that will make it all worth it!!

Life is good...God is faithful...this training has been all consuming and an uber challenge mentally, as well as physically...but I know that God has been with me every step of the way. My left knee really aches, and there are days when I feel totally beat up...but it really has been amazing. I can not encourage you enough to take a step towards one of your lifelong goals today...you won't regret it, no matter how insane it seems! (come on...me running a marathon is at best a ludicrous idea!!)...

anyway, let me know how you are doing...

Leigh

No comments: