Saturday, August 05, 2006

8 miles down...

I had a great morning this morning, God shined on us and brought us slightly cooler weather, and we embarked on an 8 mile journey through the Belmont area of Nashville...man the scenery on a run can sure make a difference!! I actually felt so good this morning, it was amazing to run the same route we rn about a month ago for the 1st time we did 7 miles, and not feel beat down and like I was going to die a slow miserable death...today I actually had ENERGY!

I am telling you...if you ever want to chase your dreams, it is worth it! This whole experience has been a great mixture of humility and empowerment...there are more days then not that I do not want to get out there and jog, (and at my pace, these jogs are glorified walks!!) but it is such a great feeling when I am done. I am learning so much mentaly and physically, it is insane--I got a lot more then I bargained for by signing up for this journey!

Well the running is going well, and my fundraising has been slow but steady...it has been fun to receive support checks and support NOTES in the mail...everytime I get a letter of encouragement I hang it on the fridge...it is fun to hear what others have to say!!!! I got a donation from my a lady who works with my friend Kelly's (my roommate who passed from Leukemia) Mom this week that was so inspiring...Leukemia has touched so many lives, and I believe now more then ever that it is a cause worth fighting for.

If you feel the urge, and want to give, click here:
http://www.active.com/donate/tnttn/leighholt and you can give online. This week I am going to donate 1 day out at lunch to the cause...

Thanks for reading and in advance for your encouragement!!!!

LH

PS: A highlight of today's run was running past Emily & Bethany's yard sale...they cheered me on like a real race!! :)

No comments: