Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ciao Italia!!

Tim and I just took a 10 day trip to Italy for our 5 year anniversary...amazing is all I can say!! I am not exageratting when I tell you it was the best trip of my life!! It was so fun to go and explore and see new things with Tim--we had so much fun together. I am here to tell you after 5 years--marriage is fun!! And we consider ourselves extremely blessed!!

So we started our trip in Venice--it is so picturesque!! This is the Italy of the movies -- the beautiful canels, the sweet homes...I told Tim that if we could ever build our own house, I would love for it to be an Italian style villa!! We celebrated our anniversary on Sept 14th by taking a Gondola ride and eating at a canal-side restaurant--Tim gave me a pair of beautiful diamond earrings and 2 beautiful roses!!

While in Venice, we also saw all the major sites, St. Mark's Square, the Basillica, etc., and we went to this amazing Modern Art exhibit with art from around the world. It was cool.

We left the quiet of Venice and took a boat, bus, plane and train to get to Rome; we felt very well traveled when we arrived in a very noisy Romeat 10 am. We found our hotel, checked in, and then we were off for 2 full days in Rome--thanks to our friend Naomi Marvin who put together a tour of Rome for us--we walked our butts off and saw EVERYTHING--St. Peter's, the Vatican, the Borghese Park, The Coliseum, the ruins, the Trevi fountain, the Spanish steps...and more!! We ate amazing food--the pizza and the mozzerella cheese was the best I ever had--we loved Rome!! Tim and I both were very inspired in this big city!! We already want to go back!!

From Rome, we again tool a train, boat, taxi and a bus to get to Positano, Italy. This little beach town is in the South of Italy, on the Amalfi Coast. Positano is what I hope heaven looks like!! Our walking tour of Rome wore us out a tad, so the timing of Positano was perfect--we had a full day on the beach, we toured the island of Capri, and we went to see the ruins in Pompeii. The whole trip was amazing, but this part was my favorite.

We went back to Rome for our last night, enjoyed our favorite Pizza and Gelato, and came back in time to watch Georgia beat Alabama last weekend!! Go Dawgs!!

I SO recommend a trip to Italy...check out our pictures here:
Italy Pictures!!

The trip was so fun--I had a hard time coming back to reality!! Poor Tim has had to work all week, and I have had the pleasure of a week off...thank God!!
Hope you enjoy the photos!!

1 comment:

burnshead said...

hey leigh - thought I would make your blogging acquaintance...

-matt burns