Sunday, September 02, 2007

The attack of the Wii

So I bought Tim a Wii for our 5 year anniversary and gave it to him on Friday night...now you know this is a BIG deal, because I am the one in the family with "Addictive" behaviors and seriously in a 1 year period, played over 450 games of NCAA Football on our old Gamecube (yep...that was before I started all this exercising!!)...so I only decided to get Tim the Wii after much thought about how I have overcome my gamer addictions, and YES I could handle it, and just say "No" when my game playing started to take over my life.

So we have had the Wii set up for 24 hours now, and all day yesterday I didn't play it...but this afternoon, Tim asked me to play Wii Tennis with him. Begrudgingly I complied, thinking that it is his "gift" and I need to let him enjoy it with me, and a few games can't hurt.

And for those of you who don't know, the Wii is different then other gaming consoles where the controllers are motion senstitve, and you use your arms, and all the motions to make moves; not just your fingers. So the plot thickens..

So we played a few games (I won), and I am starting to get excited about it. Kobe, our dear sweet giant of a dog, was laying on the couch the whole time, interested in what we were doing. All of a sudden, he gets pretty excited about how I was playing, and jumps off the couch, starts biting my wrist, and trying to tackle me. So we are like chill out, tell him to lay down...for the next 3 games, he repeats this pattern...

Then on the 4th game, after we have put him back on the couch, and he listened and he is laying there, I go for a backhand, I wind up and swing my arm across my body...and at the same time, Kobe is trying to get off the couch, and at the perfect timing, I smash him across the face...I hurt my hand I hit him so hard! He ran out of the room and I followed him, totally consoling him, apologizing, etc...it was tragic. Tim was cracking up.

So after we made sure he was ok, we went back to playing...a few minutes later, Kobe walks back to the den and starts to enter the room...he saw my hand go up in the motion of the serve, and he turned, tucked his tail between his legs and BOLTED from the room.

Tragedy I must say...NCAA Football Video games ruined me, and the Wii Tennis has ruined Kobe.

Hilarious.

good news since yesterday's post...I slept 11 hours last night!! Bedside Baptist had a mandatory meeting this morning, and we all attended!! :) It felt good.

Have a great day!

Leigh

No comments: