Sunday, October 01, 2006

What I love about Running...

So.....the bad news is that I am injured. I have tendonitis in my left knee and shin splints, much worse in my right leg, but really in both. So it has been a PAINFUL 2 weeks...I have had ice on my legs non-stop...even at work! But it has given me time to reflect about why I love to run...(note: about 4 months ago, there was nothing I LOVED about running...but it sure is addictive!!)

#1: The feeling of accomplishment when I finish...for a girl who loves to achieve, it feels great everytime I finish a daily jog...

#2: The feeling of FREEDOM when I am out running...seriously, waking up early and jogging, listening to my favorite music on my iPod...helps me feel FREE to do whatever I want...and be the peson who I want to be...

#3: Sweating...a good sweat really makes me feel accomplished...

#4: The Community of Runners...it is like a little world of people who speaks their own language...it is nice to be a part of it!

#5: The Confidence...when I am done running my long runs on Saturday, I feel confident that I could accomplish anything I choose to do...

Anyway...there is something spiritual to me about running, and I think it is because it encompasses that whole list above...I love it.

I have to "aqua jog" in the pool this week as part of my recovery from the splints...that leaves a little different feeling then running does (ie: boredom)...but I hope to be fully recovered in a week to 10 days!

Leigh

PS: here is a recent photo of Tim & I...
Leigh & Tim

No comments: