Saturday, September 23, 2006

Down but Not Out...

So I have had a really rough September overall...the 1st week I was on vacation...and it honestly did not feel very "vacationy"...I ran throughout the week in Florida, but during my 15k race, I started to get a wierd feeling in the front of my right ankle...in typical "Grandy" fashion (Grandy = maiden name), I was stubborn and pushed through it...then we got back to TN, and I immediatly got a crappy head cold, that basically knocked me out all last week,,,I could only run 2 days...but then last Sat I ran 12 miles...again through the wierd ankle pain, and I endured my normal knee pain that I have been having since July...

Well on Tuesday, I could not bear teh pain and went to the DR...come to find out, I have tendonitis in my knee and shin splints in my right leg (and probably in my left too, just my knee seems to over-shadow that pain)...

So the worst thing about it is that I am ordered to rest and not run for a few days...who would have ever thought that I would be mad that I am told to NOT run? I really think I have been abducted by an alien these past 4 months...

Anyway, my worst fear was that this would kill the marathon, but my doctor, my coach, my mentor and my mom all told me I would be all right. Yes I needed 4 opinions. :)

So I am going to introduce myself to the pool this week and the elliptical machine...I have to keep my cardio up in order to stay in shape...

I have spent the whole day watching football (Go Dawgs!!), and have thought about all the athletes who suffer set backs, and how much character it takes to lsten to your coaches and do what they say so you will get better...pray for me that I will listen and actually rest...I keep wanting to push it, because I was so happy where I was at with the training, but I have to rest...UGH!!

Hope the web audience is doing well...

:)

Leigh

No comments: