Friday, September 15, 2006

12 Miles...I am having nightmares...

Most of you know me, and you know that I am self-proclaimed "OCD" - obsessive compulsive. So when I am dedicated to something, it consumes my thoughts, I want to be perfect at it, and it drives me insane. Well, Tim can attest to this--I am OCD about my marathon training schedule. I hate to miss a day or to slack off.

So this week I got sick. I mean, literally, every day this week I legitamitly could have called in sick to work--and probably should have--I have had a sinus infection, complete with head pressure, a runny nose, tiredness...all things you hate about having a cold. I was in a bad mood all week, and just because I am OCD about work, I was too stubborn to call in sick.

But I did decide to take it easy on my training, because basically, I felt like I was gonna die every day when I got home. So I only ran my 5 miles on Wednesday--I took Monday off (supposed to run 5 miles) and skipped my Tuesday/Thursday cross training. So, along with having the cold of the century, mentally I am freaking out because I am missing my training...and I have to run 12 miles tomorrow. 12 freakin miles. Farthest distance yet.

So last night, I literally had a NIGHTMARE about the run...I dreamed that I was in Chicago with Suzie/Suzanne (my running partners), and I had a warm up suit on over my jogging clothes, and I literally could not get them off my body...so I started running with warm-up pants on and my regular jogging top, and was so hot and uncomfortable...and then Suzie/Suzanne took off so fast an I lost sight of them and was completely lost in Chicago. It was ridiculous. I woke up sweating.

So I need to chill out...

12 miles at 6:45 am...sweet.

I will let you know how it goes!!

Leigh

Time to Donate!

No comments: