Saturday, March 22, 2008

a close shave...

So I am sure by now you know how much I love all of my dogs...and today was one of the funniest moments I have EVER had with KOBE...my sweet loveable GIANT Golden retriever/german shepherd/rottweiler mix...95 lbs of sweetness...he is such an amazing boy...

Anyway, we took him to PetSmart today for a haircut, because we had let his hair get a bit out of control...typically I cut his hair (basically butcher it), but it was time for him to get a grooming by a professional...
So Tim dropped him off this morning and consulted with the lady, and she recommended a certain shave that was good for Goldens...

and when I showed up to pick him up, I did not even RECOGNIZE him...I am not kidding!! They shaved him as close as possible to the skin; he looks totally hilarious!! So the lady brings him out, I looked at him then looked away, because I did not even think it was Kobe. She said "Holt" and I looked back, this time doing a total double take, then I started to chuckle, and was like "that’s not kobe is it?" and of course she was like "this is your dog" and at this point I am laughing SO hard, I could not stop. He looked so funny, I was tearing up...so the lady starts to get nervous because I would not even take the leash because in my mind I am still wondering if this is really my dog, and trying to comprehend how stupid he looked. So I was like there is nothing we can do, and I grabbed the leash, and I was still cracking up. I mean laughing hysterically.

So then the PetSmart lady gets a really serious look on her face and says..."please don’t laugh at your dog, he understands that and it is going to hurt his feelings""...and she thought that comment would make me stop laughing? It just got worse!!!

So I walked out with Kobe, and the whole time I am trying to talk to him between laughs (oh and by the way, I was by myself, so there was NO ONE to share this with in the moment)...he stops to pee, I then put him in the car, and the whole way home I am still checking him out to be sure he is indeed Kobe. Kobe has these cute spots on his nose and on around his eyelids, and they were present, so I knew it was him.

Then we get home...and I promise you Sadi and Jackson are seriously mocking him and laughing at him. Kobe is acting sort of shy, definitely embarrassed.

What a day!!









2 comments:

Reed and Kelli said...

why am i laughing so hard at work...alone.? this is too funny. thanks for sharing.

poor doggie.

Reed and Kelli said...

ok.....the slideshow wasnt working when I left my 1st comment. Im back...and OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

poor doggie.