Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hollywood Sunrise

So i had a really cool trip this week that is going to be hard to top--it was fun personally and professionally...I went out to LA with some co-workers for some meetings...the meetings were LONG but great...and the people I traveled with were a ton of fun...

So the highlight for me was running in Runyan Canyon. Now for those of you who love your Us Weekly and People Magazine...you know this is where they always have the pictures of the stars with their dogs or working out with their trainers...so when I found out this park was a 1/2 mile from my hotel, the good little paparazzi in me knew exactly where I would be jogging!!!

So on both Wednesday and Friday morning, I took off from my hotel and jogged to the park...now you might know that Hollywood is at the base of a mountain that the Hollywood sign is on), and this park has paths that take you to the top of a mountain where you can see ALL of LA, the Hollywood sign, out to Santa Monica, and you can see the ocean. It was BREATHTAKING. On both days that I ran, I thought of about 10 different blogs to write, because the scenery was majestic--it was about 50 degrees and completely clear and not hazy--as I climbed the trails, I could see all of LA and the beauty of it (fyi--I love LA, so I am a tad biased). It really was amazing.

But the overall thing I thought of on the way up was "man this is freakin hard to climb and I am so tired"...when I got to the top, I was in awe, it was just so amazing...and then on my way down I thought "that climb was so worth it"...gosh those thoughts struck me as a reminder that the journey is so worth it...and when you get to the end of the journey, the high never lasts as long as you want it to, but the journey was required to get there--and even though it was hard, tiring and sometimes I wanted to quit, when I met my goal all of the pain faded away...and on the way down I was extremely grateful. It was just an interesting parallel to my life...Overall, i felt amazingly blessed.

On Friday I took my phone so I could get some pics of the views...but the camera phone photos do not do it justice at all!!

1 comment:

Reed and Kelli said...

this post is amazing Leigh! I'm from LA and I do love it....soo glad you were able to see it's beauty :) and run those paparazzi trails!

and about the journey.....so encouraging and so true! we are in that very place. thanks for sharing!

BIG HUGS!
kelli
(vanessa's buddy)