Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday's are for football...

So it is a beautiful day today in Nashville...I mean today has to be the perfect summer day. It is probably 80-85 degrees, and oddly the humidity did not come out to terrorize us today.

My day started with a 6 am wake up call (please do not tell me how ridiculous this is--Tim already has!! :) ), so I could ride my bike over to meet Suzie for our bike workout. I wore my normal bike shorts and a tank top, because it has been crazy hot all week, so we figured we would go early to beat the heat.

Well to our surprise, it was the perfect morning, sunny, no humidity, I actually could have worn a long sleeve shirt!! So we rode about 18 miles, and it was a slow, lazy, non-lance armstrong effort, but it was an effort nonetheless.

I got home earlier then normal for a Saturday (since we did not try to run or swim), and Tim was up, so we decided to head to Meridee's, our favorite breakfast spot in Franklin. what a payoff--french toast stuffed with cream cheese--could it be any more fattening? It was amazing, and I did not care.

So I came home, took a nap...then I woke up and hung outside with the doggies...it was beautiful. they decided to terrorize our neighbor dogs for a good half hour, then we headed inside.

So I started flipping channels, and I ran across a rerun of the 2006 Tennessee vs. Alabama football game. Now if you know me, you probably know 2 things about me:

1. I LOVE Football. Yes, the countdown is on (41 days) until Georgia's 1st kickoff of the 2007 season

2. I hate the Tennessee Volunteers. It is true hate. There is no other description.

So you must realize that my #1 (love for football) took over, and I am actually sitting here watching this game. Tim questioned my choice--and I defended myself saying--"do you know who won this game?" (cause neither of us did)...so that was my justification to sit here and to watch football.

And today is the perfect weather for a fall Saturday in Athens, GA, between the hedges.

I am ridiculous--I am SO excited.

4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, this is a close game! Go 'Bama!!

Hope you are well...

No comments: