Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rocky Mountain High

Tim and I have been in Colorado since Friday night...I LOVE this state. And that is wierd, why??? I am the antithesis of an "outdoors" type...I do not love the woods, snakes, camping...ummmm no. But Colorado is amazing.

We flew in Friday to spend the weekend with my cousins Byron, Melinda and Logan, and we had a BLAST...these guys are so fun to be with, so relaxing, and just really cool people. We went to the pool, and went to the Alpine Slide - - basically a luge type slide at 10,000+ feet in Breckinridge - and just relaxed. They are our family, but we consider them friends, they are so much fun to be around. Byron and I worked out--well he actually whipped my butt swimming and then running--but it was great.

Then on Monday we drove to Estes Park, for a GMA event that I am speaking at. Estes is cool, it is at the base of the Rocky Mountain National Park - which we both loved!! Once again -- Miss "Anti-Outdoors" was a freak about driving up the mountain to the top--we actually did it twice!! And we have take a ton of pictures, that I might post if I ever get to it (not a strength of mine!!).

The coolest thing about being on top of the mountain is the perspective of just how small we are on this planet called Earth...and to remember how mindful God is of us. We were at about 10,000 feet, at a rest stop, and there were these chipmunks running all over the place...and I was thinking, "how on earth could a chipmunk get up this high?"...I mean, did the 1st 2 chipmunks on the mountain like hiking? It sounds silly, but the verses about how "every hair on our head is numbered" really seem to make sense when you see this little 8 pound chipmunk running around on the hillside of a mountain.

Well I have one more session then we are back to Nashville...hope you are doing well!!

leigh

No comments: